Wednesday, February 20, 2008

She is the light of my life!



So basically the 7 month update that I have been promising for the last 20 or so days isn't going to happen. Well, I am going to update a bit but I am going to try and keep it short and sweet because next week I PROMISE I will do her 8 month update and I have to save all the good stuff for then. Here's the thing. A Lot of has changed. This has been a huge month for Tula developmentally. She has hit lots of major milestones. But it would be innacurate for me to tell you all about them in her 7 month post when it didn't ACTUALLY happen until after that...KWIM? Okay, I am being anal. But seriously, during Tula's 6th month of life, not a lot of really exciting stuff happened. But the day she truned 7 months old, it seemed, things really took off from there.

She woke up the morning of her 7 month B-Day with her first tooth. And the second one only took a few extra days till it came through as well. Now, almost three weeks later, I was able to actually capture a picture of these little things. They are actually growing quite fast. Check the gallery for the pic.

Tula started sitting really well with no help from me right around the time she turned 7 months as well, and she is now able to be plopped down on the floor and will sit there for awhile supporting herself and playing. She does seem to love being able to see the world from a different angle and not always having to be on her back. She looks so big sitting there sometimes.

The big fun news (and most recent) is that Tula is officially on the move. This really just started last week, she was almost exactly 7.5 months old. She had been getting up and rocking on all fours for a long time and finally had started to put it all together. The first couple days she was kind of doing this army crawl/drag thing and every now and then her butt would pop up to help a little. But all these startnge movements are turning into a crawl and the bottom line is, my kids is mobile. She loves moving around and exploring, and of course "finding" Mommy and Daddy. Today I put her with her toys while we ate dinner and we weren't at the table 5 minutes and there was Tula, right at her daddy's feet, just saying hi. So precious! A few times she has been in her room playing and I will be in mine or on the computer and I go to check on her and she is halfway down the hall, probably in search of me. She gets tired on her trip though, and seems to like to take a little pit stop, roll over on her back and clap for awhile, and hope I come and rescue her. It usually works. I just think its the cutest thing, not finding her where I left her. I know the novelty of that will wear off soon enough so I am enjoying these times of thinking this is the greatest thing. I will soon be missing my non-moving baby. But it is truly a miracle watching her develop and grow like this.

This month has just brought so many changes for Tula, it really was a big one. I wanted to write a few of these things down but I will post next week after I get her 8 month measurements and everything. 8 months next week?!?!? How can that be?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And!! She is the light of our light!! Grandma and Grandpa M miss you already Tula Belle and it's been less than 48 hours. Luv u tons, hugs and kisses from Grma and grpa.

Anonymous said...

Oops. The light of our life!!