Maverick is a fairly easy baby so far. He is still sleeping so much, so that makes him seem so much easier. When he is awake, I will say he cries much more than Tula did. Usually nothing unbearable, throw him in a sling or in his swing and he is happy again. I find I have to remind myself to play with him sometimes, with a toddler constantly tugging at you to do this or that, Tula often gets the most of the attention and Mav is just kind of there for the ride. But Tula and I try to make a point of hanging out with him for awhile every time he wakes up. She loves to go running with me when we hear him cry from the bedroom. She loves to kiss him and has actually been able to soothe him a few times with her kisses. I think it's her presence more than anything, Maverick definitely knows and totally adores his sister. The first smile I ever saw from him, and that was at about 3 weeks old, was for his sister. And she has had more than one since then. They have such a bond already, and I cannot tell you what it does to my heart to watch them with each other. It is truly, truly the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I know how much my sisters mean to me, and I love that I have given then that gift of each other. I know that there will be ups and downs, but they will always have each other, and that just makes me feel better about life.
Maverick is a big boy, that's for sure. I think it is possible that he could catch up to his big sis in his first year. He was 9, 2 at birth and was 10, 3 two weeks later. I haven't taken him yet to be weighed for his one month, but I would guess he is close to 11 pounds by now. Tula was 10 weeks old before she hit 11 pounds, so this is a big difference. Already, I have packed up all the newborn sized clothes, and have even had to put away some 0-3 months outfits. There are quite a few of his 3-6 month things that are fitting him already. I will be lucky if I am able to finish this box of size 1 diapers before he grows out of them, he will be in size two by the next box. He is breastfed exclusively and basically just nurses on demand, but I really don't feel like it's that often. He probably has about 4-5 good feedings a day, and then a couple quick ones usually on the move while we are playing with Tula. So he is eating normal, I guess he is just a big boy. He is all Matson, so I guess he comes by it naturally.
And he is all Matson. That is fun for me, because Tula is all her Dad and as much as I love looking into her face and seeing John, I missed not seeing me. With Maverick, I cannot tell you how many times I have heard that he looks just like me. Some people like to say he looks like my Dad, who I look exactly like, so same dif I guess. He is definitely "my kid" and I am excited that John and I each have our own mini-me. So special! And adorable of course. Maverick, you really are such a handsome boy too. He has beautiful blue eyes and a dimple when he smiles that completely melts me.
Maverick, thank you for a month of more love than I knew possible. You are the sweetest, most patient little baby I have ever seen. You are the nicest baby brother and thank you so much for being so patient with your sister while she adjusts to having you around. We love you so much and are so thankful to have you in our home. It's hard to believe after only a month, I really cannot imagine life without you. My sweet baby boy, Happy One Month Birthday!
4 comments:
Christa you make me cry. I love the way you write your stories. You are so eloquent with your words, truly gifted and talented when expressing your heart. Thanks for sharing Mav's one month story with us, we all miss him dearly and look forward to seeing him soon. I can't wait to see that smile and the dimple.
Aww, I think I cry reading your posts more often than not! Your babies will love reading these in the future. Happy 1 months little man! Congrats Tula on being a big sister for 1 month already! I can't believe it has been that long!
He has a dimple! Aww, I love babies with big dimples! Happy one month birthday little Maverick.
I just love reading your posts about your new family - we are so happy for you all! Love the stories of Mav and Tula together; how totally sweet! Happy one month big boy!
Post a Comment